Having your educational content load fast is important, but so is peace of mind knowing that it will be available when students try to access it. Recode is the provider you can depend on.
Moodle hosting that will blow your mind!
Moodle Optimized Servers
We’ve perfected our server infrastructure to use every drop of power at maximum efficiency. Get everything you need to launch a successful Moodle website!
Why choose Moodle LMS?
Moodle is the world's best LMS is because it is supported by a global community of developers. A large benefit of open source software is that the code is open for scrutiny. This means that developers from all over the world can access the code and modify it so that it is more secure
We have all you need to succeed with Moodle
You can focus on what really matters. All servers are optimized with cutting edge technology to give you the most out of Moodle hosting. We developed a custom control panel with loads of features to enhance security and performance!
What is Moodle?
Moodle™ stands for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment. Founded and developed by Martin Dougiamas in 2002, Moodle™ was designed to provide educators, administrators, and learners with an open, robust, secure and free platform to create and deliver personalized learning environments. Moodle™ is a user-friendly Learning Management System (LMS) that supports learning and training needs for a wide range of institutions and organizations across the globe.
Today, Moodle™ is the most widely used Learning Management System in the world, with well over 100,000 registered implementations worldwide supporting over 150 million learners. Moodle™’s open source project is managed by a dedicated team at Moodle™ HQ with a head office in Perth, Australia and satellite offices around the world. Moodle™’s modular nature and inherent flexibility make it an ideal platform for both academic and enterprise level applications of any size.
Why is Moodle™ the world's most widely used Learning Management System?
Moodle™ delivers a powerful set of learner-centric tools and collaborative learning environments that empower both teaching and learning. Because of its flexibility and scalability, Moodle™ has been adapted for use across education, business, non-profit, government, and many other community systems of all sizes.
Freely available for all users, Moodle™ can be self-hosted (if you have the time, ambition, and talent) or you can utilize a Moodle™ provider for hosting and support for your Moodle™ environment.
Designed with a simple and flexible user interface and well-documented resources, Moodle™ can be easy for educators and learners to use. Moodle™ is web-based and features a mobile-compatible interface, making it accessible from anywhere in the world across different web browsers or devices. Moodle™ has been translated into more than 120 languages and is designed to comply with open and accessibility standards.
Additionally, Moodle™’s modular and interoperable design allows developers to build plugins that can integrate external applications to enhance system capabilities and extend what is possible with the core Moodle™ product. There are more than 1,400 plugins in the Moodle™ plugins directory that are freely available for the Moodle™ community to use, and Moodle™’s open code base encourages users to create their own as needed to share with the open-source community at large.
Moodle™ is Open Source: What does this mean and why does it matter?
Open-source refers to the underlying technology that Moodle™ is built on, primarily meaning that the software, or Moodle™ code, is freely available to download, use, customize, redistribute and modify.
As an open source project, Moodle™ is a collaborative effort that is supported by a strong global community, including the Moodle™ HQ team as well as developers, Moodle™ providers, and users around the world.
The Advantages of Open-Source...
- Free. Open-source code is freely available with no license fee. Instead, those funds can be allocated to service and support for your LMS. When you are only paying for service, you ensure the highest level of support possible.
- No vendor lock. Closed-source solutions often make the customer dependent on a vendor for products and service. With closed source, if your level of service deteriorates, you have no other options for support. Only that closed-source company can maintain the proprietary product. With an open-source LMS, you have the freedom to not only customize your solution to meet your needs, but you can easily take your code (which you own, not the vendor) and move to another vendor if you aren’t getting the level of support you require.
- Security. It’s a common misconception that open-source means less security. On the contrary, open and visible code allows the open-source community to find and note any security issues. This means security glitches are recognized much faster and patches are turned around almost immediately. So really, the more eyes on the code, the better!
- Customization. As mentioned above, open source offers users complete flexibility to create a custom, tailor-made eLearning platform to meet a specific organization or institution’s needs.
- Innovation. Open-source software provides the flexibility needed to customize and adapt to meet changing learning needs, allowing administrators to stay on the cutting edge of the latest technologies and best practices to effectively meet eLearning goals.
- Scalable. As institutions or organizations grow and scale, it’s important that your LMS can grow with you and adapt to meet evolving needs. Open-source allows you to easily scale your online education and training programs.
- Future-Proof. The ability to scale, customize and innovate means that you’re also able to future-proof your LMS investment by creating an eLearning solution that can adapt to changing needs. Additionally, as open source is modular in nature, you have the ability to integrate your LMS with complimentary tools, technologies, and solutions in the market to create a future-proof and interoperable eLearning ecosystem. In this respect, open source protects not only your LMS but your entire learning infrastructure.
Open-source platforms give learning professionals full access to their Moodle™ site’s code, giving them the freedom to customize the look and feel of their site and incorporate branded content, innovative plugins, third-party tools, and eLearning best practices into their learning strategy to create a custom learning solution tailored to meeting their specific learning needs.